Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
- 2017 Dr.phil. in Political Science, Duisburg-Essen University, Germany. Thesis title: “De-administratizing The Chinese Red Cross: Why Did It Fail? A Historical Institutional Perspective”.
- 2008 MA in Chinese Philology, College of Liberal Arts, Shanghai University, China. MA thesis title: “The Prosodic Features of Topic Markers in Mandarin Chinese”.
- 2005 BA in Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language, College of Liberal Arts, Shanghai University, China.
- 1999-2001 attended BA program at St.-Petersburg State University, Faculty of Chinese Philology, Russia.
- Thomas Heberer and Anna Shpakovskaya. 2018. 数字化技术下政治代表的转型：中国的案例及其理论意义 (The Transformation of Political Representation Through Digital Technologies: The Case of China and it’s Theoretical Implications). 国外理论动态 (Foreign Theoretical Trends) No 10, 68-77. Beijing, China.
Anna Shpakovskaya. 2018. “红十字运动研究中的理论框架及分析方法的应用探析” (Theoretical and Methodological Issues in the Study of the Red Cross Movement). In: 红十字运动研究 2018 年卷 (Red Cross Movement Research 2018).
- Thomas Heberer and Anna Shpakovskaya. The Digital Turn in Political Representation in China , Working Papers on East Asian Studies, Institute of East Asian Studies, University Duisburg-Essen, No. 119, Duisburg 2017. Full text.
- Anna Shpakovskaya. 2015. “日内瓦红十字国际委员会档案馆介绍” (Introduction to the Red Cross Archives in Geneva). In: Chi, Zihua, Liping Zhang and Yulin Wu (eds). 2015. 红十字运动研究 2015 年卷 (Red Cross Movement Research 2015). 合肥:合肥工业大学出版社 (Hefei: Hefei Industrial University Press).
- Anna Shpakovskaya. 2008. “现代汉语中的日源外来词调查” (Japanese Loan Words in Modern Chinese). 科教文汇4:176 (The Science Education Article Collects 4: 176).
- March 22-24 2019 – International Conference On Chinese Governance in Global Context at Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China. Presented paper: Connective Representation: the case of Private Entrepreneurs in China” (co-authored with Thomas Heberer).
- February 13 2019 – CLAIMs Workshop at the Marc Bloch Centre, Berlin. Presented Paper: “Political Representation and Participation in the Cyberspece – the cases of France, Russia and China” (co-authored with Charlotte Fouillet).
- November 30 2018 – ASC Annual conference, Goettingen. Presented paper: “Private Entrepreneurs and Self-Representation in the Chinese Cyberspace” (co-authored with Thomas Heberer).
- September 27 2018 – DVPW Annual Conference, Frankfurt. Presented paper: “E-Representation in Authoritarian Context: The Cases of Chinese and Russian Internet”.
- August 23 2018 – ECPR General Conference, Hamburg University. Presented paper: “Individualization, Everydayness, Connectivity and Interactivity of Political Representation in the Chinese Cyberspace”.
- May 2018 – the 16th Chinese Internet Research Conference, Leiden University. Presented paper: “From Deputy to Blogger: An Empirical Map of Political Representation in the Chinese Cyberspace”.
- October 2017 – GEAS GRAD Conference “Transnationalism and Institutions in Asia”. Free University Berlin. Presented paper entitled “The Caravan of Opportunities and Challenges: a case of integrating the Chinese Red Cross into international humanitarian structures”;
- June 2017 – 2017 ACPS-Nankai International Symposium “China’s Public Policy and National Governance”. Nankai University, China. Presented paper entitled “Historical process-tracing as a method of analysis – a case study of the Chinese Red Cross Reform (2011-2014)”;
- 9-11 Sept. 2016 – International Red Cross Conference. Flinders University, Australia. Presented paper entitled “De-administratizing the Chinese Red Cross (2011–2014): a ‘tiger head and snake tail’ reform?”
- October 17 2018 – “Shifting Dynamics of Political Representation in Today’s World – Some Theoretical and Empirical Considerations”, Renmin University, Beijing, China.
- March 22 2018 – “Political Representation in Comparative Perspective”, Central Compilation and Translation Bureau, Beijing, China.
Article review requests:
- Dec. 2016 – article review request by Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies;
Scholarships, Awards and Prizes:
- 2016-2017: Post-doctoral start-up grand by German Research Foundation DFG;
- 2016: Award for contribution to cultural exchange between Germany and Okinawa by Okinawa Prefectural Government, Japan;
- 2012-2016: PhD scholarship by German Research Foundation DFG;
- 2007: was chosen as one of “The 50 Best of Shanghai University”;
- 2006: received “Honorary Ambassador of Mandarin Chinese in Shanghai” award;
- 2005: Shanghai Government Scholarship for distinguished MA students;
- 2001: Chinese Government Full Scholarship for undergraduate studies.